Privacy Notice / Policy
information that you provide when using our website www.ess-emp.co.uk or any of our products and services.
ESS Employment Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the forthcoming Data Protection Bill.
The Data Controller
ESS Employment Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries
about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our full postal address is:
ESS Employment Ltd
4 Bridge Street
Telephone Number: 01453 832468 (Nailsworth) / 01454 310031 (Yate)
Email Address: email@example.com (Nailsworth) / firstname.lastname@example.org (Yate)
What we collect
ESS Employment Ltd may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name,
address, date of birth, and contact details, including e-mail address, obtained from your cv as
well as sensitive personal information such as criminal convictions information.
What we use your information for
First and foremost, we will use the data you have supplied to us to help you obtain the best
service possible. We also require this information to understand your needs as well as provide you with
our services and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping.
- To contact you about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will always obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to subscribe to our job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- We may use the information to improve our services to you.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with the same undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as ESS Employment Ltd.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with the same undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as ESS Employment Ltd.
- Where there is a legal obligation to comply with a regulatory body, for example, disclosing employee salary information to HMRC.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where ESS Employment Ltd is the data controller you are entitled to the following, where applicable, subject to some legal exemptions:
- Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and forthcoming Data Protection Bill. If you would like a copy, please submit your request to:
ESS Employment Ltd
4 Bridge Street
If you have any questions about this policy or about your personal information the please contact ESS Employment Ltd on 01453 832468