Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
|LOCATION: NEAR STONEHOUSE
DAILY TIMES: 08.00 – 16.30 Monday - Friday
START DATE: Immediate
TEMP OR PERM: PERMANENT
Job: Maintenance Engineer
TYPICAL PERSONAL PROFILE
You will need to be flexible in working hours, including working of unsociable and weekend work when reasonably required. A decision maker who is hard working, completely hands on, self-motivated and capable of working alone with minimum guidance and instruction in a pressurised environment.
To carry out engineering maintenance, to significantly improve and ensure maximum performance and reliability of all plant and equipment at the site
To participate with the Operations Manager to define, implement and manage a risk based maintenance strategy for the site so as to meet the business, Safety, Environmental, Financial and Operational objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
1. Participate in the control of all aspects of engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives.
2. Participate in the maintenance strategy for the site in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
3. Implement the maintenance strategy on a day-to-day basis, including routine, special and stop period maintenance, and to participate in the development and implementation of capital activities.
4. Assist by ensuring that COMAH, Health & Safety and Environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
5. Identify and action areas for engineering improvement, whilst maintaining an appropriate level of availability and reliability of the equipment concerned.
6. Contribute to training requirements and consider training plans.
7. Assist in the provision of engineering budgets, forecasts and plans.
8. Undertake any other reasonable task as required.
9. Ensure down time does not exceed 2% per week and that routine, special and stop period maintenance is completed on time.
10. Proactively participate and comply with the Quality Management System in order to achieve the necessary accreditation.
11. Participate in an alternate week callout system on a 24 hour, seven day a week basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1. Requires an expert understanding of maintenance and engineering processes and
2. Requires knowledge and understanding of COMAH.
3. Will be Engineer qualified (or a minimum of 5 years’ experience) in a process, technical or
4. Will be familiar with computerised maintenance management systems, and a knowledge of
a PPM system would be advantageous
5. Plant specific aspects include, heavy mechanical & electrical equipment, instruments, material handling plant and contract services.
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS3523
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment