Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
| LOCATION: STROUD
DAILY TIMES: 08.00 – 16.00 OR 08.30 – 16.30 (Monday to Friday 37.5 hours)
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
TEMP OR PERM: PERM
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: Design Engineer
ESS Employment Ltd are looking to recruit a Design Engineer to work as part of the Design Engineering Team, producing designs for existing and new products.
Duties will include, but not be limited to: -
1. The interpretation of Customer Requirements from Customer Enquiries,
2. Purchase Orders and Specifications to allow Engineering release.
3. To ensure designs are accurate and conform to the required design codes (API 6A/API 17D, ISO 10423, ASME VIII, etc.) and customer specifications.
4. To perform stress and strain calculations to recognised formulae and clearly layout workings to allow colleagues to interpret and validate Design Data.
5. Produce 3D Models, Engineering Drawings and BOMs to allow manufacture of components.
6. Produce and update User Manuals for the customer.
7. Checking of Drawings and B.O.M.’s.
8. Interface with other engineering team members, departments and customers.
9. Reviewing and Acknowledging Quality Plans.
10. Reviewing every day queries with the Machine Shop, Assembly, Quality and After Market Departments.
11. Attend a variety of meetings.
12. Business Travel will be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and training: -
1. Mechanical Engineering ONC minimum (Ideally HNC or above).
2. Be computer literate enabling you to develop your skills in the use of engineering software/programmes.
3. Experience of using an Engineering Database to produce B.O.M.’s.
4. Proficient in the use of MS Office Products – MS Word, MS Excel, etc. and the Internet.
5. Ability to produce detailed design calculations using existing spreadsheets.
6. Previous experience dealing directly with customers, preparing technical specifications and presenting proposals.
7. Oil field well completion experience or knowledge would be beneficial.
8. To have a good understanding of the materials used in the construction of Oilfield equipment.
9. To have an interest in engineering and be able to demonstrate problem solving ability.
10. Good interpersonal skills and to work well in a team.
11. To have a Pro-active attitude with good communication skills.
12. Work to high standards of quality, within a strong safety culture.
13. You will be positive, outgoing and confident. You will be comfortable working under pressure, handling changing priorities, and using initiative to get things done.
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS3805
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment