Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
Fundrasing Manager ( Challenge Events & Regular Givers)
|LOCATION: Near Tetbury
DAILY TIMES: 09:00 – 17:00
START DATE: ASAP
PAY: Up to £32,000 DOE
TEMP OR PERM: PERM
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: Fundraising Manager (Challenge Events & Regular Givers
We are seeking an experienced Fundraising Manager or Relationship Development Manager to successfully roll out and scale up this income stream. The post holder will manage all aspects of the income stream including marketing, the sourcing and recruitment of new leads and sign ups to support our client, and the building and maintaining of existing relationships with supporters both individual and corporate. This role is target based and the post holder will need to be a fast learner, adaptable and willing to travel extensively and a competent presenter to a wide range of audiences.
1. Take the lead role in the development of the challenge events portfolio and the regular and pay roll giving programme.
2. To engage with corporate clients and promote these income streams to them.
3. Work with supporters (existing and new) to promote the business and build strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
4. Promote Challenge events and regular giving to the appropriate target groups across various media consulting and working with the Communications Manager.
5. Work with the admin and finance teams to manage the administrative processes associated with the income streams
6. Write promotional material for the income streams and update existing resources when required, working with the Communications Manager.
7. Ensure all monitoring and evaluation of the income streams are undertaken and monthly reports provided to the SMT.
8. Represent our client to the general public, healthcare professionals and other interested parties, promoting our work and impact
9. Keep informed of developments in the field of challenge events and regular giving and develop meaningful relationships in this area
10. Work with the fundraisers to cross sell regional challenge events and to ensure their promotion of regular giving.
11. Further develop a fundraising strategy for the charity across challenge events and regular giving (including payroll giving).
12. To maximise income from challenge events and regular giving to ensure targets are achieved and sufficient income is received to support the activities of HFT.
13. To develop and deliver the above income streams and assume responsibility for potential new income generation within these categories.
14. To manage the challenge event and regular giving programme, ensuring all staff / volunteers are briefed.
15. To manage information and record all activity on charity database.
16. Work within any given budget and ensure targets are met.
17. Account handling: ensure donors are happy and kept informed of progress and milestones.
18. Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the charity’s work.
19. Line manage, assess and report on the fundraisers activities to meet team and charity objectives and targets.
20. To horizon scan for fundraising issues that may impact the Charity.
21. Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all stakeholders including the Fundraisers.
22. Work to further develop an annual budget and to work within that and monitor appropriately
23. Act as a fundraising ambassador of the charity and a custodian of the charity’s fundraising ethos ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications.
24. To ensure that all activity and promotional literature is compliant with health and safety, fundraising and ICO regulations.
1. Volunteers, Fundraisers and Funders, all Staff, Trustees and NHS Partners at all levels
1. Experience of managing and developing an income category, within a charitable or commercial context
2. Strong presentation/speaker skills
3. Self-starter with enthusiasm and creativity
4. Experience of implementing multifaceted projects
5. Adept at developing successful partnerships and building strong external relationships
6. Experience of managing all aspects of a service from concept to delivery
7. Knowledge and experience of line management
8. Excellent interpersonal skills
9. Ability to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive personal information
10. Ability to work autonomously
11. Excellent written communication skills.
12. Able to research opportunities and evaluate viability and cost effectiveness of opportunities.
13. Organised with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
14. Proactive, tenacious and solution-orientated
15. Highly professional manner with the ability to work effectively under pressure
1. The duties of the post will require some weekend and evening working hours as part of this role
2. As the role requires frequent travel, so a clean, valid driving licence is essential
3. Use of a company pool car
Current IT systems (experience desirable/essential as indicated):
1. Microsoft Office (essential)
2. Raisers Edge – data base (desirable)
3. WordPress (desirable)
Skills and knowledge:
Requirement Essential / Desirable
Experience in either a fundraising or commercial income generation role. Essential
Line management / supervisory skills Essential
Experience of fundraising making appropriate use of volunteers Desirable
Excellent relationship management skills Essential
Organisational and project management skills Essential
Experience of working to budgets and plans Essential
Experience of working as part of a team with a varied workload Essential
IT Skills including Microsoft office Essential
Ability to work independently under own initiative and cooperatively as part of a fundraising team Essential
Knowledge of fundraising law and practice Desirable
Ability to be the decision-maker Essential
Ability to manage multiple projects Essential
Ability to develop ideas and be creative Desirable
Excellent attention to detail Essential
Interest in sporting and activity-based events Desirable
Degree level or equivalent or experience Desirable
Flexibility and willingness to work unsocial hours during events Essential
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS3982
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)