Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
IT Support Technician
HOURS: 09.00 – 17.30 Monday – Friday (37.5 Hours per week)
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: £18,000pa - £20,000pa
TEMP OR PERM: Temporary to Permanent contract
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: IT Support Technician
Our client is at the forefront of technical documentation and data management with an unrivalled track record spanning more than 50 years. They supply technical writing, technical translation, technical illustrating.
We’re looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to join our client’s busy team.
You’ll play an important role in a department that often has to work to tight deadlines and pressured situations.
Our workforce is mainly office based but with an increased mobile and homeworking presence.
You’ll gain a wide variety of experience, with no two days being the same, with responsibilities including:
1. Responding to help desk calls
2. Setting up new users
3. Installing new software and updates
4. Setting up new hardware and troubleshooting any hardware problems
5. Helping with major IT projects such as improvements to our network infrastructure
6. Helping to keep systems secure and preparing for Penetration tests and other Cyber Security Demands.
7. You will have experience of working with networks and PC related end-user support and have knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications. Good communication and problem-solving skills are essential, along with being well organised, self-motivated and able to focus on finishing what you’ve started.
8. You’ll be based at our head office in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire and this is where you’ll spend most of your time. However, you’ll also be required to travel to the regional branches as required to trouble shoot or assist with setting up new IT facilities. Therefore, you will need to hold a full driving licence.
9. Working hours will be 37.5 hours a week, based on a 7.5-hour day, Monday to Friday, with half hour for lunch each day.
10. Growing company with substantial growth to look forward to this year and IT is a very important part of that.
11. With rapid growth in recent years and further expansion on the cards, this is an exciting time to join and there’s lots of potential to further your career in the long-term.
12. We are a secure location and it is vital that confidentiality and discretion are key. You will be required to undergo UK MOD security clearance for this role. You will require the right to work in the UK.
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESS EMPLOYMENT work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment. See our website for more information www.ess-emp.co.uk
|£18,000pa - £20,000pa|
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS4085
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)