Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
LOCATION: Stroud, Gloucestershire
HOURS: 39 hours per week Monday – Friday
PAY: £16,700pa plus 25% shift allowance (£20,000pa)
(when shifts are worked. Hours would be Mon-Thur 05.30-14.00, Fri 05.30-13.00 on early shift.
Mon-Thur 13.45-22.15, Fri 12.45-20.15 late shift. Shift patterns are one week early and the next week late.
TEMP OR PERM: PERM JOB
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: Production Operative
Role Purpose: Perform an integral role within the production line, monitoring product quality and ensuring all required standards are met.
1. Monitor a variety of machines (including de-palletiser, case coder, case erector, case sealer and palletiser), ensuring they are kept supplied with materials, and recording performance in terms of volume and quality.
2. Monitor and maintain product quality and safety standards, identifying and reporting issues, and working with colleagues to continuously improve processes and standards of performance.
3. Work in liaison with colleagues to monitor and maintain high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping.
4. Deputise for line supervisor and other operatives as required, including absence and breaks.
5. Monitor, record and minimise wastage of components, identifying problems and recommending solutions.
6. Undertake all duties in a way that promotes best practice and follows company guidelines in terms of health, safety and welfare.
7. Undertake any other duties that may be required for the smooth running and success of the business.
Experience / qualifications required:
1. Previous experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably within the drinks industry.
2. Good grasp of basic mathematics.
3. Ability to complete paperwork promptly, clearly and accurately.
4. A counterbalance FLT licence is desirable.
5. Previous experience of 5S (or the principles) would be beneficial.
1. Self-motivated, with a positive “can do” attitude.
2. Good attention to detail, especially within a repetitive environment and when working under pressure.
3. Conscientious and able to demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
4. Good communication skills, strong team player but also able to work without direct supervision.
5. Flexible and able to work shifts.
6. Drivers license as may be required to work on other local sites and occasional van driving
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com
ESS EMPLOYMENT work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment. See our website for more information www.ess-emp.co.uk
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS4127
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)