Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
HOURS: 08.30 – 17.00 Monday – Thursday / 08.30 – 14.00 Friday
START DATE: Immediate
TEMP OR PERM: Permanent position
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: Test Supervisor
ESS Employment Ltd are looking to recruit a Test Supervisor who can accomplish test results through planning, monitoring and communicating job expectations; appraising job results; coaching, counselling and disciplining team members; coordinating, initiating and enforcing company systems, procedures and policies.
You will oversee the Test team to ensure that the correct parts are being tested, in accordance with quality standards and in a timely fashion. Monitor that correct procedures and processes are followed.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Liaise with the Production Planner and Production Manager regarding work priorities and report any issues arising in the work throughput.
2. Liaise with the Sales Managers to apprise of any delays or issues with workflow required to complete orders for dispatch.
3. Ensure all team members comply with the company’s Health and Safety policy and procedure, and work in a manner that is safe for both themselves and their colleagues, reporting all potential hazards, near misses and incidents to their line manager.
4. Allocate work and tasks to the Test team, in order of priority.
5. Ensure that the factory production schedules are kept up to date.
6. Liaise with Quality and Assembly team with regard to testing and product failures.
7. Through supervision, instruction and training, ensure all staff are capable of fulfilling the jobs assigned to them.
8. Check work in progress, keeping an eye on quality and assist staff where help is needed.
9. Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the department.
Required experience, skill and knowledge
1. Previous experience of working within Production or in a Test role is essential and from within a similar electro-mechanical manufacturing environment would be desirable.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide feedback.
3. Good computer skills, in particular working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
4. Ability to work on own initiative but as part of a team.
5. Previous supervisory experience, supervisor training or qualification would be beneficial.
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|£11.04 per hour |
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS4213
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)