Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
HOURS: 37.5 Hours per week – 08.00 – 16.00 OR 08.30 – 16.30 Monday to Friday
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: Depending on experience
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: Facilities Technician
To undertake day-to-day maintenance activities, routine service, fault finding, and repair of building services and equipment.
1. Responsible for the daily onsite maintenance duties as prioritised by the Facilities Manager for the Factory, Offices and Outside ground maintenance works
2. Carry out inspection and preventive maintenance of key equipment in line with company policy and procedures.
3. Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to complete work projects and maintaining records of such expenditure.
4. Maintain inventories of all tools, equipment and supplies.
5. Liaise with the Facilities & Improvement Manager with regards to how facilities maintenance work will be planned and communicated across the site before work commences.
6. Ensure all relevant risk assessments have been completed prior to starting any in-house maintenance projects.
7. Assist the Facilities & Improvement Manager in the management and control of contractors ensuring compliance with all relevant health & safety and environmental legislation and permits.
8. Carryout PAT testing of all electrical appliances in line with schedule, maintaining suitable testing records.
9. Responsibility for ensuring the Company’s compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental policies (HSEP 00) and Safe Working Practices (SWP 01) relevant to the maintenance of the fabric of the building and its equipment including COSHH, emergency facilities, sanitation, gas, electricity air and water quality.
Knowledge, Training, Experience and Technical skills:
1. Understanding of CNC machines.
2. Engineering background.
3. Basic carpentry and building repair skills (i.e. doors, windows, brickwork, plastering).
4. Understanding of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
5. PAT Testing Qualification City & Guilds 2377 – Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
6. Mechanical fault finding and repair of pumps compressors, fans & rotating machinery.
7. Hydraulic and pneumatic systems; fitting, fault finding & repair
8. Plumbing, pipe fitting, compressed air systems.
9. Building security and alarms.
10. Safe systems of work; permit systems & risk assessments
11. Use of lifts, scaffold towers, forklift truck user (preferably PASMA/PAL certified and forklift licence holder).
12. Highly motivated self-starter, able to act on their own initiative and have the ability to set priorities in a constantly changing environment.
13. Confident of working under limited supervision following standardised practices or procedures.
14. Ability to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills
15. Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
16. Basic Computer Literacy (Excel, Word and Email)
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESS EMPLOYMENT work with clients and candidates from a range of disciplines and place people in permanent, contract and temporary roles. Many of our candidates and clients come to us by recommendation and we are proud of our personal, professional and friendly approach to recruitment. See our website for more information www.ess-emp.co.uk
|Depending on Experience |
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS4399
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)