Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager
40 hours (Mon to Thurs 08:00-17:00 and Fri 08:00-14:30)
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: Depending on Experience
Nailsworth Office: 01453 832468
Job: Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
To plan, manage and carry out marketing activities, to maintain and develop the profile of the client and its products to audiences in local, regional and national markets, in accordance with the company’s business plan.
To manage a small team of staff to enable you to achieve the company marketing goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. To be the architect of the company’s strategic marketing plan and driving marketing activities throughout the company to achieve that plan.
2. To drive specific conventional and digital marketing activities to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s business plans for sales growth and profitability.
3. To undertake the role of eCommerce Manager through the overseeing and running of mail order and online customers to ensure the overall sales growth is continued.
4. To manage and lead a small team to achieve the company’s marketing goals.
5. To be a key member of the senior management team, contributing to the direction of the business as they move to becoming an Employee Owned Business (EOT).
6. To support the external sales managers to achieve their own objectives by gaining important customer feedback through regular liaison and providing marketing collateral (where appropriate) to support them in their sales growth plans.
7. Promoting marketing activities though specific marketing campaigns, working with the graphics/design manager, other relevant managers and using external resources in order to promote existing products and new products to customers. Activities to include:
a) To project manage and oversee all trade shows to ensure that stand quality and design meet the brand, marketing and sales objectives of the business. This will entail a close working relationship with the workshop manager and graphics/design manager.
b) Managing advertising (both printed and digital).
c) Managing PR activities, including social media activities to enable promoting of company to trade customers, retailers and end consumers.
d) To support the development and management of the video library. To oversee and ensure the ongoing publication of these videos to relevant channels (e.g. YouTube, websites, and 3rd party platforms).
e) To provide technical support and advice on managing the company website, to ensure that the “digital shop window” of client is fully functioning and promotes the client brand to the highest standards.
f) To proofread all new literature or brochures to ensure client sustains its valued brand image to ensure high standard of collateral.
g) Generate awareness of the brand to consumers and by doing so, support our trade customers in their sales activities.
8. To manage and support the development of specific digital systems (e.g. OCADO) to ensure that client can move with the digital age for transactions, supply chain and electronic communications.
9. On a continuing personal development level (CPD), to seek to improve all aspects of the sales & marketing processes (as in Point 4) – customer focus, customer care, effectiveness of the key account management process, effectiveness of the sales management process, effectiveness of managing of the brand etc.
10. To undertake occasional tasks that are needed in a small business, as and when you are requested.
11. To work safely at all times.
1. Proven product and service marketing skills for all relevant marketing channels (ideally 5 years + experience in a small/medium sized commercial, fast moving goods organisation).
2. A strong understanding of key retailing platforms (such as Amazon, Wayfair, Groupon, etc.) and of eCommerce retailing.
3. Strong management skills, with the ability to organise own workload as well as prioritising the workload of a small and important team.
4. An interest in nature and the outdoors, and the ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and our markets.
5. Attention to detail - accurate and methodical in work.
6. Clear communication skills at all levels, especially verbal.
7. Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
8. Cheerful and professional – will see the job through.
9. A good business sense - numerate and commercially aware.
10. Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation & determination.
KEY TARGETS & OTHER AIMS: -
Main personal targets:
1. Responsible for all marketing messages and campaigns for the company.
2. Looking after key eCommerce customers (e.g. Amazon, Wayfair, Groupon, etc.).
3. Supporting a small team of staff.
For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Depending on Experience|
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS4443
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)