Since 1985 ESS Employment have been assisting
throughout the area with recruitment of permanent,
temporary and contract staff. During this time ESS has
accumulated a wealth of experience serving the needs of
many industries including warehouse, manufacturing
administration and distribution.
Picker and Packer Operative
DAILY TIMES: 07.00 – 16.00 Monday – Thursday / Friday 07.00 – 13.00
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: £8.72ph - £9.30ph
TEMP OR PERM: Permanent vacancy
Job: Picker and Packer Operative
ESS Employment Ltd are looking to recruit a Picker and Packer Operative to join an established friendly team in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
Full training is given however the candidate must have excellent attention to detail, dexterity and a good understanding of Maths and English.
Starting rate of £8.72ph but at the completion of the training and after probation we would expect candidates to be skilled and if so, the salary then increases to £9.30ph.
Main Duties shall include and not to be limited to:
1. Picking of Stock and Packing Orders
2. Re-reeling of stock to customer requirements.
3. Goods inwards
4. Control of stock/materials used.
5. Stock Taking
6. Forklift truck duties. Ideally candidates will have a valid Counterbalance licence but if not training can be provided to a candidate that is willing to gain the license.
7. Advise the office staff of any stock items, packaging materials or other components that are running low
8. Other general manufacturing duties.
Skills and Experience:
1. Excellent attention to detail
3. Experience in a packing role
4. Experience in a manufacturing environment
5. Good understanding of written English
6. Use of a pallet truck/forklift
7. Excellent communication skills
8. Good organisation skills
1. Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workloads
2. Able to constantly provide a quality output of work
3. Enthusiasm and a proven ability to achieve results
4. Attention to detail but able to see the big picture
5. Ability to deal with people at all levels
6. Diplomatic and tactful
7. Excellent listening skills
8. Ability to work on own
9. Adopts a common-sense approach to problem solving
10. Professional approach to every aspect of the role
11. Team player with a friendly disposition
30 days holidays including 8 bank holidays once on a permanent contract. Free Parking. Own transport essential due to location. For further information on the role, or a general chat about other opportunities, please call 01453 832468. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|£8.72ph - £9.30ph|
| Nailsworth, Stroud Branch|
To apply for the above position please send an email to:
Please ensure you include the following in your email:
- The job reference number: ESS4736
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A copy of your CV
Head Office: ESS
Employment, Recruitment House, 4 Bridge Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
832468 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
Yate Office: ESS
Employment, 19 West Walk, Yate Shopping Centre, Yate,
Bristol BS37 4AX
310031 Fax: 0870 4007865 Email:
© Ess Employment
| Privacy Notice / Policy (GDPR) | GDPR Download (pdf format)